Sun Lakes United Church of Christ is seeking a part-time musician to provide piano and/or organ music during our Sunday morning worship service, and to rehearse with and accompany our choir. Our church has a long history of valuing music and nurturing members to participate via choirs and performing ensembles. Proficiency performing on piano and organ (desired) are required.
- Accomplished in playing during services, particularly choir and hymn accompaniment
- Piano performance should excel, with comfort in many musical genres
- Organ performance ability is optional
- Ability to read open score desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in music preferred. Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and play for worship service on Sunday mornings
- Accompany the choir at one weekly rehearsal during choir season (September-May)
- Play for occasional extra rehearsals, special services and events
- Reserve first right of refusal for occasional weddings and funerals (separate compensation)
- Meet monthly with the Director of Music and Worship Committee to plan and coordinate the musical and liturgical life of the congregation
- Provide expert knowledge of the organ and pianos related to maintenance and repair
- Regular (12 month), part-time position (8 hours per week)
Contact the Church office at 480-895-6317 or (email@example.com) to obtain the detailed Job Description with application requirements.
Salary: $11,500-$12,500 per year