Sun Lakes United Church of Christ is seeking a part-time Director of Music to develop and lead a musical program that contributes to a meaningful worship experience on Sunday mornings. In addition, the DoM will develop and direct existing voice and bell choirs.
- Academic degree(s) in choral conducting, &/or composition.
- Demonstrated skill in selecting, rehearsing and directing sacred choral music in a worship setting.
- Ability to inspire and maintain an inclusive choral/musical community in the congregation.
- Commitment and ability to work collaboratively with the Pastor and Worship Committee to select appropriate music for weekly service(s) Responsibilities.
- Direct the choral and bell choirs during the months of September through May. Conduct weekly rehearsals and direct the choirs during Sunday worship.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget covering material and special guest performer costs. Purchase music material and hire musicians, keeping within budget.
- Meet monthly with the Pastor and Worship Committee to plan and coordinate the musical and liturgical life of the congregation
- Position Details
- Regular (9 month), part-time position (8 hours per week) Contact the Church office at 480-895-6317 or (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain the detailed Job Description with application requirements.
Salary: $11,000-$12,000 per year, depending on experience